Data Protection Act
We need to hold personal information about you on our computer system and in paper records to help us to look after your health needs.
Please help to keep your record up to date by informing us of any changes to your circumstances.
Staff in the clinic have access to your medical records to enable them to do their jobs. Your doctor is responsible for their accuracy and safe-keeping.
Sharing of Information
From time to time, it may be necessary to share information with others involved in your care. Anyone with access to your record is properly trained in confidentiality issues and is governed by both a legal and contractual duty to keep your details private.
All information about you is held securely and appropriate safeguards are in place to prevent accidental loss.
Identifiable information about you will be shared with others in the following circumstances:
- To provide further medical treatment for you e.g. to your GP.
- To help you access other services e.g. FORTH, our affiliate partner, to manage blood tests and results. This requires your consent.
- When we have a duty to others e.g. in child protection cases
In some circumstances we may be required by law to release your details to statutory or other official bodies, for example if a court order is presented, or in the case of public health issues.
To ensure your privacy, we will not disclose information over the telephone or unless we are sure that we are talking to you.
Information will not be disclosed to family, friends, or spouses unless we have prior written consent, and we do not leave messages with others.
You have a right to see your records if you wish. Please ask if you would like further details. In some circumstances a fee may be payable.
Collection of Information
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact information such as name, email address, home address, and phone number.
- Demographic information such as country and postcode.
- Preference and other information such as type of query and marketing preferences.
We may use this information to:
- Send you requested updates about our services or related special offers.
- Send you requested information about our services.
- Send you a confirmation that we have received your email.
- Respond to appointment bookings, customer service requests, questions and concerns.
- Improve our marketing efforts.
- Conduct research and analysis.
What we would do with this information:
You may choose to stop receiving email updates by contacting us by email, phone or in person at our address.
We will not provide your details to any other third party with your prior consent.
Links to Other Sites
Our site may include links to other sites whose privacy practices may be different. If you submit personal information to those sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies.
Changes To This Policy